Monday, May 26, 2008

175 days to go!

15 weeks and going strong! We're missing hearing their little heartbeats. We have about 3 weeks before our next ultrasound and it feels like an eternity before we get to see them again.

Here's what they are up to in mommy's belly this week...
They are about 4 inches each and weigh about 2.5 ounces. They are now the size of apples. They can move all of their joints and limbs and can now sense light. Their taste buds are forming! By this point we may be able to find out the sexes... BUT WE AREN'T! :) If we saw them right now, we might just catch them sucking their thumbs.

My nausea has remained at bay, though I still feel a little off after eating some meals. My belly is now slowly and steadily growing. I *think* I may have felt little butterflies a few days ago, but I may have imagined it! From what I read, I should start feeling them between 16 and 22 weeks. We now have all 4 possible names picked out, though we are still thinking about middle names for the boys.

We had a garage sale this weekend and got a lot of things cleared out of the nursery. We are hoping to get carpet ordered soon... though we may want to get the room painted first. We will be registering next weekend (we've been saying this for a few weeks) and hope to get our cribs purchased, as that will help us better figure out how we want to set up the room and paint the walls.

I have to take a second and just say how unbelievably lucky I am to have Christian as my husband and daddy to my little apples. I actually tear up when I think about what an amazing dad he is going to be. Everything that we have been through getting to this point and finally being pregnant has brought us even closer and more in love with each other... something I didn't even know was possible. It's amazing how much he truly loves these little beings inside of me that we won't get to meet for many more months. As I am growing and feeling a little less attractive, he reminds me every day of how beautiful he thinks I am and how much he loves me. I couldn't ask for more.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Wow -- I can't believe there is only 175 days left!

By the way, I tagged you on my blog if you're interested! Have a great weekend!