Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Original Due Date

Today is the day the girls were originally to arrive. It's amazing to think that instead of today, they were born 11 weeks ago.

Yes, it's 3:30am and I'm updating the blog so that I don't fall asleep while Madelyn rocks in the swing... my last attempt at getting her into a solid sleep for a few hours. In addition to reflux, the girls have horrible gas. I have not slept more than 10 minutes since I took a quick nap around 9pm. Today is going to be extremely difficult to say the least, as we have a doctors appt in the morning and I have a doctors appointment for myself in the afternoon. That leaves no time for the three of us to sleep at the same time. My milk supply is not keeping up with the girls demands and I think I'm okay with that. It's so hard to take care of 2 and find the time to pump. I'm setting a goal of Dec 2, which will be 3 solid months of the girls getting my milk. It's essential that preemies get the most amount of breast milk that they can, but it's also essential that they have a sane mother :) We are slowly working more formula into their day.

No comments: