Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Somehow it happened.

My little 3lb babies are now 2 years old. Where have the last 2 years gone? And the 9 months of pregnancy? And the 2.5 years of trying? I have somehow sped past 5 years!

The girls had an amazing birthday party full of friends. They had so much fun. It was all a blur for me, but I know they enjoyed every minute it of it and couldn't stop talking about their "happy".

Their 2 year check up went great. Emma is 25th precentile for weight and Mady is 50th. They are both 75th for height.

I will post pictures from the party soon.

We also just got back from Myrtle Beach, the girls second time there! They had a great time, we all did. They really miss their cousin Eli and Uncle Todd. They woke up every morning and immediately asked for Eli. He is now 18 months old and keeps up with those two very well! Pictures to come from our vacation as well. The girls rode carousels and trains, we went to a zoo in Roanoke and they did pretty well during the drive. We stopped half-way each way to spend the night and stopped half-way through each of those trips for a meal. So, most of the time the longest period in the car was 2.5 hours. At the 2 hour mark things got a little crazy. We did buy dual DVD players, which were a god-send. We watched Coraline, Monsters Inc, Shrek, Milo and Otis and Bolt repeatedly.

I'm currently trying to find something to do with the girls in the fall/winter. They did like music class, but I'm looking into some other options as well. It's hard to find something that doesn't break the bank, but will be fun.

Well, that was a super quick update. We're loving every day with these miracles. I missed them so, so much when I returned to work after vacation. It was really hard.

No comments: