Friday, November 19, 2010

I think my "break" is over

I was pleasantly surprised at how little endometriosis symptoms I had when I was pregnant. I was of course busy complaining of other things pregnancy related :) Now at 27 months past delivery, I haven't been feeling well the last few months. I'm having some spotting in between periods (I take continuous birth control pills with 1 period every 3 months). I've had PMS being explaination. A few weeks ago my entire pelvis felt frozen and I even had trouble waking. A week or so ago I started having pubic bone pain. What it feels like is those last few weeks of pregnancy when all of the girls weight was pressing down on me. I have a doctors appt set up for Monday. I am 98% sure she will tell me it's the endo rearing it's ugly head but I always have to make sure it's nothing else... like a cyst, fibroid, etc. I'm not sure what next steps would be for me regarding handling pain. I try to take as little motrin, etc as possible but I think it may be time to look into having pain meds on hand if I need them. I have always felt that you shouldn't mask pain because your body tells you these things for a reason.

In the meantime, we haven't taken any steps forward yet in trying to conceive again with our frozen embryos. However, I know if we are going to do it, we need to do it within the next year or so because of my age, the girls age and a million other reasons :)

No comments: