Monday, April 28, 2008

Heard the heartbeats again today!

I had a tiny, tiny bit of blood this morning, so the doctor had me come in for a check-up. Everything looks great! I could hear their heartbeats with the doppler. It took a little longer to find the second one, but she found it. 160bpm and 150bpm. Perfect! There is a slight possibility that the blood is from a low lying placenta. We'll know that after our ultrasound next Tuesday. If that's the case, they basically just watch you and hope that it raises as your body makes more room for it.

She also told me today that is completely our decision if we want a vaginal vs. c-section. She said of course, even if we start off with a plan to do vaginal, that can change at any moment. I think I want to plan for vaginal. From what I hear, c-section recovery is hard!

3 comments:

Jamee said...

I am so glad that your appointment went well!

MNjen said...

I would definitely try for a vaginal delivery if at all possible! If I end up carrying twins for M&B I will be hoping and praying for a normal vaginal delivery. The thought of major abdominal surgery scares me!

Congrats on a great appointment! :)

Mary Kate said...

Hi...I just came across your blog & I absolutely love your website for baby clothing!! We have very similar stories! We struggled for almost 4 years, found out I had endometriosis, 2 cycles of IVF & I almost 13 weeks pregnant with twins! We are so excited! I just wanted to say I love your website & blog & will definatley have to get some of your clothes!!!