Tuesday, July 29, 2008

24 weeks


The babies are growing steadily and have gained about 4 ounces since last week. They are now over a pound each and are almost a foot long. The lungs are now developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help their air sacs inflate once they hit the outside world. They will most likely gain 6 more ounces this week as they begin to fill out. This weight will mostly consist of muscle, bone mass, and the growing organs and tissues.

My shower is this Sunday and I'm excited! I can't wait to see everyone and for everyone to see me and my belly! Unfortunately the nursery won't be quite done yet, but we'll store everything in the garage until it's complete. Christian painted the 3 walls in the room this weekend and will be painting the 4th wall this week. My parents are going to help paint the one wall with a mural since I'm not allowed to paint!

Next step on my checklist is to visit another daycare and find a pediatrician.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Loree,
I know how excited you are after waiting so long and believe me it is worth the wait, not easy, but worth it. Watch you Dad close while he is painting. He is getting old and may get more paint on himself than the walls!! You can tell him I said that. Have a great shower and enjoy all the sleep you can get, it's about to be over!! Tell your parents and Todd "Hello".
Take Care,
Marsha (cousin)