Tuesday, August 5, 2008

25 weeks



I had my monthly checkup Tuesday. Everything looks great, despite the way I feel :) Doc says the feet/ankle swelling is not harmful because my blood pressure is good and no there is no protein in my urine. He did acknowledge that it can be quite uncomfortable. Ya think? He also said that the pubic bone pain will concern him more if I feel it during the day as well as at night. I was "leaking" a little again. He checked me and there is no amniotic fluid, so it is most likely bladder spasms causing the leaking. The babies heartbeats were good.

My shower was Sunday and was amazing. My mom had it in her backyard and it was so cute! They even set out all my stuffed animals/dolls from when I was young. I didn't take any photos except of the cake, but I'll be sure to post when I get pictures from my mom and others who snapped some shots. The cake was Noah's Arc and it's one of the best cakes my parents have ever made. Look out Ace of Cakes!


We received so many gifts that I have to take some time this weekend to go back through it all. It was all a blur. Everything is in the garage until this weekend. Our nursery and master bedroom carpet is being installed Friday. After that, we can get the nursery finished and organized. I'll post before/during/after pictures when we are done.


Now, onto the kids! They now weigh about a pound and a half (about an average rutabaga) and are about 13 inches long. If we could see into my belly right now we'd know what hair color and texture they have! Their nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, are starting to open. This allows them to take practice breaths! They are starting to put on baby fat and their wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out. The ears are now fully functional and they may even blink in reaction to a loud noise. Their brains are now rapidly growing.

No comments: