Monday, September 22, 2008

Amazing

The girls are now only ounces different in their weights. Mady is determined to catch up and surpass her sister. They are competing already! Emma: 3lbs 7.8 oz, Madelyn: 3lbs 6.4 oz. Their feedings have been up'd to 30ccs!

Yesterday we bathed them both. It's fun and stressful! They seem to do okay during bath time and it's adorable to see their eyes open the whole time staring at us. Emma had some incredible poops yesterday! Christian was changing her diaper and it was still coming out! The poor girls are in that closed, heated isolette, so when their diapers smell, they suffer.

I'm going back to work in just a few days. I'm hoping it's only for 3 weeks and that the time will fly past. It's going to be VERY hard to work all day and then go see the girls and somehow still rest and finish the nursery. I have no idea how Christian has been doing it all this time. I guess you just find the strength when you know it's your little girls. I will be returning part time, which means I will be losing all my benefits, BUT I'll be getting time for the girls and that is the single most important thing right now. I'm feeling a little better today. I did have a slight fever again last night, but it's gone now.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Hi. My name is Jenna. I have been following your blog for some time now. I found it through a friend of a friend. I have twin boys who were born prematurely also. They are almost three now. My little Will was diagnosed with PVL as well. He has MILD Cerebral Palsy. Most people don't even notice. He goes to therapy several days a week, but runs around and does all the same things his twin brother does. We are very blessed. I have been saying prayers for you and your little ones. I'm sorry you have to go back to work before the girls come home. I know it's hard. I went back when mine were two weeks old, and then took maternity leave when they got out of the nicu. Anyway, I think about your family often. I empathize with your exhaustion and the emotional rollercoaster the nicu can be. Hang in there. You'll have your girls home before you know it!