Sunday, September 21, 2008

Growing!

Last night Emma weighed in a 3lbs 7 oz and Madelyn at 3lbs 4 oz. Our little girls will be 5 lbs before we know it! They are both doing great. Right now we are just working on them growing, feeding and breathing. The nurses are trying to wean them both off of their oxygen, but it's a slow process. They are getting there though! We are hoping they'll be introduced to bottles next week to try to get down the complicated process of breathing, swallowing and sucking. Most babies don't really "get it" until 34 weeks. One of the nurses did tell me that they may be able to move to the E pod soon, which is where they will be reunited again. Again, it's just a matter of getting their o2 level down a little. Christian got to weigh Madelyn Friday and was so happy! We are now both able to get them in and out of their isolettes. :)

I have mastitis. This is the 3rd time since I started pumping that I've had a fever and a painful breast. This time however, my temperature hit 101.4 and I was quite miserable yesterday. We both caught up on sleep most of the day and went in to see the girls last night. The doctor gave me a prescription for an antibiotic and 800mg of motrin. She said I should be better within 48 hours.

No comments: