Saturday, October 25, 2008

D&C

My ultrasound on Wednesday showed retained products and thankfully, no cysts. I went in yesterday for a D&C at Magee. It was done in the OR and I was put under for it. I had the toughest time waking up for some reason. They had to put a hyperthermia blanket on me because my temperature dropped and I couldn't stop shaking. I think part of that may have been nerves. An amazing part of now being a mom... the very first thought I had when I woke up was my girls. I was trying to get my bearings of where I was and what happened and all I could think about was where they were and if they were okay. I had trouble breathing and I remember the nurse telling me more than once to take a deep breath. It made me think even more about the girls and how sometimes they too just get into such a deep sleep that they need to be reminded to take a deep breath.

As far as I know, everything went well with the procedure. I have a little cramping and some bleeding which are normal. They did it with ultrasound guidance so that they didn't have to "scrape" the whole uterus, just where they saw any tissue left behind. The girls will be home any time now and of course I can't vacuum or do anything strenuous for a week. We still have to clean our upstairs pretty thoroughly and just do some finishing touches to the nursery. I also still have to figure out the sleeping arrangments for the girls when they come home for the first month or so.

1 comment:

monica said...

Oh I hope you feel better. Don't worry about the vacuuming just get better so you can bring the girls home!