Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Postpartum Checkup

You really didn't think that I'd have a perfect checkup did you? I am going in today for an ultrasound because I may have ovarian cysts AND retained membrane or placenta. I'm not really sure what they do for either one. We also talked about future pregnancies. I know, I know, my kids aren't even home yet, how could I even think about it? Well, we have 3 frozen embryos left. I'm 35. I have endometriosis. I had preterm labor. If we are going to think about more kids, it would have to be within the next year or so. If I were even able to become pregnant again, I would be monitored very closely. Chances are my cervix shortening was due to my LEEP procedure in the past. This may be a problem in subsequent pregnancies. They would also do progesterone shots with me daily after 16 weeks to help prevent preterm labor. The infection that I had that caused the chorio infection in Emma's amniotic fluid was Strep B.

No comments: