Friday, December 12, 2008

so. tired.

Some days are worse than others, and today is one of them. I did get to nap for 1/2 hour with the girls. Today I took them upstairs for a nap in their crib instead of the usual mini-naps in the boppys (they are never unsupervised in them) and swings. I guess it went over okay. I had hoped for a 2 hour nap. We'll try again tomorrow. I think it may still be way to early to try to dictate when they nap. The girls are now going about 4 hours between feedings at night BUT the last few nights they have each woken up at one point during the night, crying for about an hour. We are pretty sure it's due to being constipated from now adding oatmeal cereal to their formula. I feel so bad for them. And us :)

I'm going to call a night nurse that I got the name of from another mother of twins. We may try to use her one or two nights a week to get a little break and to have her help us with sleep training. We'll meet with her first and see if we all think it's something we would benefit from. In the meantime, I'm trying to do most of our Christmas shopping online. This weekend, we're going to drop the girls at my parents to head out for our first "real" Christmas tree. I agreed to a small one to see if it works for us. I'm very afraid of what the cats will do to a real tree!

No comments: