Monday, January 5, 2009

I can do this

It's ONLY 3 days. I go back to work tomorrow. I'll be part time - Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays. I'm so upset about it. I'm sure it will be fine. I know I need a break from the girls, but I will miss them so much. And, of course, I don't think anyone is every happy about returning to their jobs. I don't know what I would have done if I had to return full time because the girls have doctors appointments every 2 weeks and the developmentalist and occupational therapist come every week. After May, I'll be back to work 4 days. I'm hoping they will have less appointments by then and maybe they won't need the developmentalist every week. We'll see! Wish me luck! It's going to be interesting trying to get out of the house on time every morning AND getting our evening routine down pat.

1 comment:

monica said...

I started back to work at this age on the same schedule as you and it worked out GREAT!! It was just enough time to have away from the kids and enough time to have with them (and to get my stuff done). It also gave me the opportunity during lunch to go to the store without them so in the long run gave me more time with them just playing.

I have to say it was hard to leave them behind the first couple of days and I did call the daycare and check up on them but they got used to it and so will you.