Monday, March 24, 2008

Telling Christian the news...

I went home early on our beta day to get our news. I was home around 2pm and checked my message when I got home. After my hour of tears and disbelief, I calmed myself down and headed to CVS. Christian was coming home around 6pm and we made a pact that we would not talk via phone because I didn't want him to know anything before he got home.

I picked up a pregnancy test. Yes, I already knew I was pregnant, but to see "pregnant" pop up on a pregnancy test after 27 months of negatives is priceless!



Then, I went upstairs and got the quote balloon that I had made the first month we started trying. When you first start out, you always assume it'll work the first time!



Then I made and printed out a banner that said "Daddy, I/We Can't Wait to Meet You... Love, Lil' LJ(s). It was plural because I knew from our betas number that multiples was a very high probability.



When he came through the door, I was crying and he got worried and went to hug me and I held up one finger and then two and I shook my head yes. Then he looked past me and saw the banner and was full of emotion. He laughed and cried for what seemed like an hour. We'll never forget how we felt on that day.





3 comments:

Ben and Cori Momma said...

Congrats Loree and Christian! I just saw the link to your blog. What wonderful news!! Continued blessings to you all - what a wild and amazing ride you are both in for! I'll be sure to check back.

Unknown said...

Loree, Congratulations! I don't know if you remember me (saffron4859) from the Knot, but I stumbled across your great news on the Nest! I'm so glad I found your business site as well! I always thought you were so talented and I see that it's going well for you! Wishing you a great pregnancy!

MNjen said...

Well do ya have 2 or 3?!?