Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm okay, the kids are okay, but we're in the hospital :(

We went in Tuesday AM for our growth scan. Babies looked GREAT. Measuring roughly the same at 2lbs. Heartbeats are good, fluid good, etc. Next was the transvaginal which I had to call back and request because I've had a LEEP procedure in the past which can apprently cause complications with the cervix during pregnancy. The tech then asked where our doctors office was and we knew something wasn't right. My cervix measured .5cm (It should be around 4) and the ultrasound doctor reported it as basically no cervix left.

Then I was sent to my doctors office since it's in the same building. She told me this might be okay, but she would send me in for monitoring for sure. She wanted to do an exam first. I was shaking like a leaf this entire time. The cervical exam showed that I was 2 cm dilated.

So we ended up in L&D Triage at Magee at 11am and stayed there until we were admitted to the post partum unit at 7pm. They think I may have had some tiny contractions or it might have just been uterine irritablity. I am not and was not in any pain except for the horrific 2nd cervical exam in triage.

I'm now in the post partum unit and will be here for awhile, most likely the rest of the pregnancy. They gave me steroid shots for the babies lungs and are giving me pills to stop labor. They'll re-evaluate me after Friday and we'll go from there... most likely figuring out a new plan week to week.

The great thing is the babies look good, and as of today I'm not contracting. They keep giving me that tiny glimmer of hope that I can do some of my bed rest at home, but with the hospital being 45 minutes away with traffic and me being admitted without really having "signs" that this was even happening scares them.

I'm sad, lonely and scared. I miss Christian sooo much. He has stopped to see me once or twice a day, but I wish I was at home with him. We have 4 kitties at home, one of them has kidney failure and has to be tended to. Most likely he'll only be able to stay with me one or two times a week. I know I'm the one here, but I feel so bad for him having to work hard all day and after hours, come see me, go care for our sick kitty and do all that's on my honey-do list.

I only slept for 1/2 hour last night. I'm not good at sleeping away from home, especially without Christian. It's amazing how every journey we go through with our pregnancy makes us even stronger as a couple and we realize how truly lucky we are to have each other.

On top of all this, all I can think about is how this time may take away from time with them after they are born and it's breaking my heart. they (and of course, Christian) are the most important things in the world to me, but we need my income too... especially with 2!

Please don't worry, right now all is good, and I'm in the best place I can be for all of us. They monitor me several times a day and are taking good care of me. I'm not letting these babies leave their mommy for 8 more weeks.

2 comments:

shawna said...

I will definitely be adding you to my prayers. I am so sorry that you have to go through this.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you in the hospital, but you are right- it is the best place to keep the babies in and its the safest!!! Happy thoughts coming your way!!