Friday, August 15, 2008

When am I going home?

UPDATE:

Looks like I will be here till Tuesday/Wednesday IF insurance will cooperate. Apparently if you remain stable, insurance becomes an issue. I had some minor cramping last night and today so the dr. wants to keep an eye on that. I just had another cervical exam and there has been no change which means the meds are working and I’m not going into labor as of right now. I’ll feel much better about being home after giving these two a little more time to cook.
______________________________________________________________________

I don't know. The doctors have all told me to expect to be here for weeks. At first, that was the last thing I wanted to hear. Yesterday, the doctor that will be here today stopped in to see me and said she might send me home today. While one would think that might make me happy, it doesn't. I will not put these babies in jeopardy in anyway. I'm not comfortable leaving, at least not right now. I have no idea when she'll be in to see me today, but I'm going to let her know that I'm not comfortable with leaving. My parents are away and will be back on Tuesday... and Tuesday will be 27 weeks. If god forbid anything would happen that I would need to go to L&D, it would take 45 minutes for Christian to come get me and then another 45 minutes to get to Magee. I would feel even better waiting till 28 weeks, but if I remain stable until Tuesday, I'd feel more comfortable being sent home. Of course home means doing the same thing I do here. Lie down and get up for the bathroom/shower only. My gut is what had me call to get my cervical length checked and that same gut feeling is saying I need to be here.

I will of course, update when I have new news. The babies did well at their non-stress test again today. I was told yesterday that their heart rates are a little more mature than 26w3d which is another great sign. Last night their daddy read to them and they kicked and moved around the whole time. It was so very cute!

2 comments:

The Wilsons said...

Aww sweetie...I hope they keep you in there until Tuesday. I think that would be the best option. Let us know what you find out!

ONE OUT OF SIX said...

Hey YOU!! I've been at the beach all week but am headed back home Saturday and back to work on Monday. I work in same neighborhood as the hospital - you let me know if you need anything!! Thinking of you!

Alicia aka LucyP