Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Plan

The doctor will be taking the canulas off of the girls tomorrow! He threatened them on Wednesday and it seems to have worked. They did have a few desats today, so I am still a little nervous. However, they have both been on room air for a few days. They had a visit from the NICU Developmentalist and they both did great. She sees no issue so far, but they are still very young. Emma passed her hearing screening and Mady will be having hers soon as well. They will be getting their vaccines this week and their RSV shot will be right before they leave. We were told to get the car seats ready to go! We need to take them to the local police station to get the installation checked and we need to make sure we know how to adjust the straps, etc.

I'm almost done with the house, I think. With very little free time, it's a little hard to get things together. I think the only major task I have left is to clean our bedroom. We need to make room for their bassinets, which I have yet to buy! Christian really wants them sleeping separate at night since we won't be awake to keep an eye on them. I, really think I want them in our room for a few weeks, so we are looking into sleeping options!

Friends of ours at the NICU are taking home one of their twin boys tomorrow! Good luck Danielle and Chris! Their other little boy is still sick, but hopefully will be joining his brother at home soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the best this week... I am so happy for you that they will be coming home soon!! Good Luck!

Unknown said...

It's almost time for your lives to change even more. I'm glad your D&C went well and yes, BREATHE... it's all you have, every little thing is making you both stronger and smarter.

We Love you!

Kim