Wednesday, October 8, 2008

They Passed!

The girls are now both in open air beds and doing really well. They are also getting more bottles a day! They nurses will do one bottle then two rounds of tube feedings. As the girls get better, they'll do bottles every other feeding. As soon as there is an opening in the E pod, the girls will get to co-bed!

I had to stop in this morning to bring them more milk, as they are now up to 40cc's and I had to go into my own frozen stash so that they would have enough for them today. No pressure there! When I stopped in, I had to make it quick because I was heading into work. It was so hard to leave them. They were both awake and looking up at me... as if to say "mommy please stay with us". Tonight I left earlier than usual because I am just plain exhausted. I was hoping to breast feed with Madelyn, but I just couldn't do it. I did get to meet with lactation yesterday. We did Emma while she was there. She did great. I learned a couple of tricks and also learned that they will not be able to fully breast feed until at least 4o weeks, so looks like I'll be pumping around the clock for at least 5 more weeks! UGH!

The girls were 34 weeks yesterday. It's hard to believe we've had them in our world for 5 weeks now. It's amazing how far they have come and how much our love for them grows every single day. I do have more pictures to post, I just have to find the time to do so!

1 comment:

The Wilsons said...

I'm glad the girls are diong well! You're doing such a great job pumping for them!