Monday, April 13, 2009

Mady's Head/Chest MRI/MRA

I can't believe I haven't posted about this yet. My weeks FLY past. We spent 8 hours at Children's the day of her scan. Her appt was at 1pm, we had to be there at 12. They didn't take her into be sedated until 3:30pm. We got home at 8pm. She did so well. She was very pleasant until about 1/2 hour before they took her in - smiling and laughing. Her last bottle was at 7am, so she's quite a trooper.

The results showed the 3 liver hemangiomas and then an additional one in her neck. I talked to another pediatrician in my office, but have not yet spoken to Madeyln's normal physician. She'll be in on Wednesday. My concern is that we can't see the one on her neck and they said it was pretty sizeable. So, will it affect and muscles or nerves? And what about the cysts she had at her MRI in the NICU. Are those still there? All questions to ask her on Wednesday.

We are very relieved that she has none in the brain or airways, but I'm admittedly bothered by her having yet another one... even if we can't see it.

No comments: