Tuesday, August 26, 2008

28 weeks

The babies weigh approximately 2.4 pounds each and are a little under 15 inches from head to heel. They have been gaining weight steadily during the past 27 weeks as their stem cells develop into organs, blood and immune systems, and bones. However, from this point forward, their weight gain will be due to increasing amounts of body fat. They can actually see light through the womb and will even turn toward light now. They are also now able to blink, cough, suck and breath.

We are so thankful to be at this mark! I'm now home on my own couch with my cats. It was interesting to get up and walk out of the hospital yesterday, as it was the first time in 2 weeks that I walked further than from my bed to the bathroom. I'm still feeling good, no changes since I left. The scary part of all of this is not knowing if I'll be back there tonight, tomorrow or 5 weeks from now. Odds are the babies will be here before 36 weeks, just a matter of when! I'm taking it easy and listening to the doctors. It is a little harder to sit still at home, but I'm doing it!

1 comment:

MNjen said...

Thanks Loree! I hope your bedrest goes by quickly and uneventfully!