Monday, August 18, 2008

Thanks!

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and well wishes! While this is definitely not easy, we're doing well.

As of my talk with the doctor this morning, I will probably not be leaving tomorrow and she wouldn't give me a day. I guess it depends on what happens day to day. I'm really sad about this because I had my mind set on leaving tomorrow and going home to my husband. I can't express how much I miss him. He does come in every day, but it's obviously not the same. Especially going through this not even being able to hold each other at night.

Due to my uterine irritability (mini-contractions) and some cramping last night, they may up my dosage of the medication I'm taking to help prevent labor. Even though this irritability can be perfectly normal, in some cases it can affect the cervix, and we can't afford that at this point. The doctor was glad that I felt some cramping because they need to know that my body will tell me when it's contracting or progressing. My cervix measured the same this morning, which is great. That's what we need...stability for at least 3 more weeks.

I'm not stir crazy yet! While I'm so thankful for all my visitors, I'm actually looking forward to a day or two without. But, that's the introvert in me :) I know that by this weekend, if I'm still here, I will want visitors.

Tomorrow is 27 weeks for our lil' ones, so I'll have my usual weekly update on what the kids are up to in their development.

No comments: