Sunday, September 7, 2008

Great day with the girls

We got in just in time today for the doctors rounds as they discussed the girls. They are doing very well and Mady made lots of improvements over night and throughout the day today. Tomorrow we get to have Kangaroo care. This means we'll get to hold them against our skin. Another great milestone!

Madelyn

Daddy and Mady

Mommy and Mady


Daddy's First Diaper Change

Mady is now feeding and tolerated the first and second feeding very well. She's taking 3cc's every 3 hours. She went down to a non-cycled CPAP today, so she is basically breathing on her own with a tiny bit of assistance. She will hopefully be off of that tomorrow and on the nasal tubing like her big sister. We got to hold her today! She did so well. We brought in an iPod today and played her some music that mommy listened to while they were comfy in the womb. We just missed bath time but we hope to help with their baths on Thursday. We both got to change there diapers today! Never really thought we'd look so forward to something like that but we were so happy! We are so proud of her catching up to her sister. We know she is doing everything she can in hopes that they'll get to come home at the same time.

Emma

Mommy's First Diaper Change

Mommy and Emma


Daddy and Emma - Daddy I Love You!


Emma is doing great! She is now taking 9cc's of milk every 3 hours. She loves mommy's milk. She was making some pretty cute faces today and kept her little mouth wide open. I know that babies don't really have their first real smile until about 3-6 weeks, but I'm telling you, that little girl was smiling at us while we held her today. It was impossible to catch a photo of though!

Mom
I'm doing good. The last few days I've had a fever and aches and chills. We think this is due to my milk coming in. I was nervous about mastitis, but it my fever wasn't very high and I'm doing better. The doctor was also concerned about the uterine infection that I had when the girls were born, but my fever seems to have gone away. I think it has helped that when I'm home, I try to nap in between pumping.

Dad
Proud papa is an understatement for Christian. He, like myself, is over the moon with joy and loves these little girls more than we can even explain. I had to beg him to let me change the girls today...dad wants to do everything!

1 comment:

nora said...

sooooo precious! glad they are doing well!
kangaroo care is the best, we did it as much as possible, and the doctors credit that as the reason they did so well, and were able to come home so soon. enjoy!! :)