Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Angels

One week old today!

I just talked to my doctor and I am released to drive with caution. He just told me to listen to my body and know when I should be driving and when I shouldn't. I'm also having a little pain and he suggested some Cranberry juice and if I feel any worse, to call him and he'll prescribe an antibiotic. I think I've been up and around a little too long the last few days so I'm trying to get naps in as much as possible when I'm home.

I found out yesterday that our girls will not be allowed to attend day care until May. October through May is RSV and cold and flu season and preemies are at a great risk. We will have to figure out a plan for the one day per week we were going to put them in day care. During the winter they will also not be allowed in crowded places and those with colds will not be allowed to spend time with them. There are some nurses in the NICU that watch babies as well, so we will be looking into that. Thank god I am able to take one day per week of at work. I HATE the thought off only having 3 full days with my girls a week... especially after all they have been through.

I had the girls both out for about 1.5 hours today for kangaroo care! LOVE it! Mady is doing very well with the nasal canula. They are both now on caffeine and had their brain scans today.

5 comments:

monica said...

Happy One Week Old!! You are so cute!!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

happy one week!

Erin said...

Happy one week birthday Maddy and Emma! Your girls are amazing! They are doing so well!!! I hope the keep up the good work!
--Erin (nestie quickstepstar)

CJ said...

Congrats on your baby girls!

Jen & Jeff said...

omg.. that pic of Christian holding one of the girls with one hand is to DIE FOR. So Sweet! Lookin good Loree! Yeah!!