Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Growing!

Mady:
Oxygen is up a little to 30%, but she's doing well. She's up to 12 cc's of breast milk. They both had their IV's removed today that are going through their belly buttons. Mady had it placed in her hand instead. Hopefully she'll only need that for a couple of days. Mady's brain scan showed no signs of a brain bleed but did show a small cyst. We are told this is no cause for concern and that they will check it again before she goes home. Sometimes what looks like a cyst may end up being nothing.

Emma:
Oxygen is at room air to and she's up to 18cc's of milk. They are both on caffeine to help with their breathing and heart rates. Emma is now back up to her birth weight.

Tonight they both LOVED kangaroo care and responded very well to being close to mommy.

Mom:
I haven't been feeling to well the last couple of days, so I'll be calling the doctor again tomorrow. I may have a UTI. I'm sure it's due to me not resting as much as I should be. This week I've been here for about 8 hours each day. I'm going to have to cut back so that I can get back to 100% to be released back to work. I'm planning on stopping in tomorrow morning for rounds and bath time and then will head home to rest ALL day.

Dad:
Dad's been working very hard lately at work and is also in need of rest. He stops here to see his girls and spend time with them no matter what time of night. Unfortunately the weekend doesn't give him much time to rest either, as we slowly get the nursery in order. We do have plenty of time, but we don't have much free time to get things done.

No comments: