Friday, September 12, 2008

What a Bad Mommy!

I didn't get to post a progress report yesterday! The girls are just wonderful. They are looking better and more comfortable every day. Their skin tone is less red, they are gaining some baby fat and they are breathing more comfortably. Emma has now surpassed her birth weight... she's very close to 3lbs and Mady is close to her birth weight. I learned how to pick up and flip over Emma to change her diaper and how to get her out of the isolette for K-care (kangaroo care). Christian learned last night as well! Mady still had her IV, which makes getting her out a little more complicated but she should have that out by the time we visit tonight. We get so many compliments on how gorgeous our girls are :)

I talked to the doctor about the cyst they found when doing Mady's brain scan. She assured me that a large percentage of the time when they re-do the scan, they find nothing. However, if they see this again, it may indicate scar tissues which could cause some developmental issues and worst case scenario would be cerebral palsey. I know she is fine! They will repeat the scan next week. I also talked to her about the results of the culture for infection that they found when they did the amnio on me right before labor. Emma's placenta was infected as well, but they were treated with antibiotics for 7 days and the doctor doesn't feel that infection had any effect on Emma.

I found out today that I do have an infection and they will have my cultures back Monday. They are putting me on an antibiotic. I'm hoping to feel better soon so that I can be released back to work. It will be so hard when I go back, as my days will be very, very, long, so I have to make sure I am better before I do. I almost feel worse now than I did a few days after delivery. I cut back my time spent at the NICU for the last few days and made sure I caught up on sleep yesterday. I know they are in very good hands there but it still makes it hard to leave them. If they are having an extra good day, they'll let us hold them as long as they can handle it.

Here's some more pictures of our lil' girls!

Emma


Emma blowing you all a kiss!


Emma and Grandma

Mady



So comfy!!



Neither one of us can seem to pull it together to make the decision about Giger. We know we are going to do it... it's just a matter of when. I want to do it tomorrow but I can't seem to pick up the phone to make the call. I see him slowly declining every day and he has no desire to be with us. He seems happy when we go upstairs to pet him in his new bed (the bathroom sink). He comes down for food on occasion and water, but runs right back to his spot. He is still using the upstairs hallway as his bathroom, so we have plastic down with old carpet on top. Needless to say, our house isn't smelling to well these days. I hope that I get the courage to help him find peace tomorrow.

2 comments:

Pittsburgh Nesties Freecycle said...

your pictures bring back memories for us. The girls are doing so well and yay for baby fat! They will be home before you know it.
I'm so sorry about your kitty (hugs)

Pattern User & Reviewer said...

haha, Loree the post from pittsburgh nesties freecycle is from me. i always forget to switch between accounts.